Our current free shipping offer:
- All paddles over $150
- All regularly priced wetsuits over $100
- All regularly priced windsurf and kite harnesses
- All inflatable SUPs to anywhere within the continental U.S.
All accessory orders, for in-stock products, over $200, ship free anywhere in the continental US, with exceptions as noted. Free and subsidized shipping is only for NEW, full price gear in stock at Big Winds at the time your order is placed. Products that are not in Big Winds' inventory and need to be ordered may be subject to normal shipping charges. All products "on sale" (offered at prices less than MSRP) will incur freight charges. All used and consignment equipment will incur freight charges. Free ground shipping applies to the continental U.S. only.
All accessory orders, for in-stock products, over $200, ship free anywhere in the continental US, with exceptions as noted:
- SUP Board Bags found on this page.
- Sails over 8.0, formula booms, and masts over 490 cm will incur normal freight charges.
- For all new, full price windsurf and SUP boards, the following policies apply:
- We will ship new, full price windsurf and SUP boards to commercial addresses in WA, OR, ID, NV, NM, AZ and CA for $99. See exception below. Residential addresses are subject to a $30 additional charge.
- We will ship new, full price windsurf and SUP boards boards to commercial addresses in all other continental U.S. states for $119. See exception below. Residential addresses are subject to a $30 additional charge.
- For SUP and windsurf boards that are on sale, and used SUP and windsurf boards, we will get the best rate possible from our freight carriers and you will be charged accordingly.
- Exception: SUP boards, windsurf boards, and all oversize items requiring motor freight that are shipping to a UPS extended area addresses may be subject to additional freight charges. Please or call us at 888-509-4210 for a freight quote.
Shipping charges are subject to change.
How much will my shipping cost otherwise?
Please call us at 888-509-4210 for any of your shipping questions. We ship UPS Ground unless otherwise specified. UPS 3-Day, 2-Day and Next-Day Air are all available for an additional charge.
How long will it take for my order to arrive?
Your order will normally ship within five working days. If for any reason your order will not ship within five working days you will receive an email explaining the reason for the delay and the estimated shipping date. We ship UPS Ground unless otherwise specified. UPS 3-Day, 2-Day and Next-Day Air are all available for an additional charge.
Our shop is located in Hood River, Oregon. UPS Ground takes 1-2 working days to reach anywhere in the Pacific Northwest, 3 working days to reach the Western states, 4 working days to the Midwest and 5 working days to the East Coast.
Can you get it to me faster?
Expedited shipping is available on request and depends on the size and weight of the product you ordered. For a precise shipping quote, please email us or call us at 888-509-4210 and a member of our friendly sales staff will be happy to help you.
Do you ship internationally?
We can ship internationally to Canada, U.S. territories and APO/FPO addresses. We will ship to other international locations on a case-by-case basis. If you are interested in placing an international order, please contact us so we can put together a quote for you.
We ship to Canada and U.S. territories via U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail whenever possible (108 inches maximum length + girth and/or $650 merchandise value) and UPS for all other parcels. APO/FPO is shipped by U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail only.
We can ship to international addresses (other than Canada) via U.S. Postal Service Priority Mail or UPS Worldwide Saver. We do not falsify documents to avoid customs fees. Payment for all international orders (other than Canada) must be made either by wire transfer or international money order. Credit card or PayPal payments are not accepted.
We do not ship used gear internationally, except to Canada.
Why doesn't your website compute shipping automatically?
We find that people, not computers, do a far better job computing a fair shipping cost. All of our web orders are lovingly received, fulfilled and shipped by hand. This ensures that if you buy ten pairs of gloves you will only be charged $10.00 for shipping, not $100.00 or some unreasonable amount like that.
Motorfreight Shipments and Claims
Motorfreight companies are no longer honoring freight claims for damage reported after our customers receive and sign for their shipment. Shipments from Big Winds MUST be inspected BEFORE signing and any damage reported at that time. Without customer inspection the freight companies assume that the damage occurred after delivery and that the freight company cannot be held responsible.
Big Winds is putting large labels on all outgoing freight shipments advising our customers not to sign for the shipment until they have thoroughly inspected it for any damage and that we are not responsible for shipments that are not signed for as damaged upon arrival.
This information is also being included in the Big Winds Shipment Confirmation email sent to customers.
What if I have other questions?
You can always call us at 888-509-4210 to speak with a member of our expert sales staff. Unlike some online stores, we do not penalize you for contacting us directly!